The program provides opportunities to acquire the knowledge and practical skills needed in the sport management field. As it continues to expand, the sport industry provides you with many opportunities in different areas such as such as business, facility and event management, marketing, communication, coaching.
Points of Distinction
- The major is the most comprehensive sport management program in the state.
- The program is recognized by the Illinois High School Association (ISHA) as fulfilling the requirements for coaching certification in the state.
- Small classes: 1-1 attention from faculty.
- Most majors graduate in four years.
Why this Major?
There is broadening job market of 10% to 14% over the next several years offering employment in multiple sport-related areas. Course work includes Sport ethics, Legal aspects of sport, Theory of coaching, Sociology of sport, Psychology of sport, Publicity of sport, Facility and event management, Kinesiology, Physiology of exercise, Fitness programming, Sport business, Group dynamics, and Seminar.
Activities & Events
Students will participate in:
- Designing publicity activities for sports events
- Creating media guides.
- Designing fitness programs and assessment or clients.
- Analyzing sport facility event operations.
- Developing an effective group process analysis.
Clubs & Organizations
Fellowship of Christian Athletes. A national organization that considers faith andreligious views in conjunction with athletic participation.
国产偷拍视频The major includes a “hands-on-learning” internship of one-semester or summer experience where students select an approved sport-related industry to work as an intern.
Work Program Opportunities
- Assistant sports information director
- Game-day facility preparation
- Fitness center supervisor
- Athletic trainer assistant
- Event management
- Coaching assistant
- Sports announcer
Hot Job Outlooks
Sport management majors have a high job placement, and the job markets remain
favorable. Some of the many careers for which majors are prepared include:
- Facility management
- Fitness clubs
- Public recreation facilities
- Sports information
- Sport publicity and marketing
- Youth clubs
- Athletic director
- Personal trainer
- Jamie Young Assistant Coach Boston Celtics
- Lauren Rhodes Chicago Bandits Pro Women’s Softball Team
- Rick Little Quincy High School Basketball coach Dean of Students
- Jared Jones Stadium Event Coordinator Assistant Tennessee titans
- Rich Kuchar Director of Ticket Services Chicago White Sox
- Harry Arter Fitness Center Manager Washington University Medical Center
- Kate Tessmer Associate Professor, Health Services Lindenwood University
- Jeremy King Basketball Coach, Shenzhen, China Personal Trainer
- Nique Byots Head Girls Soccer Coach Litchfield High School
New state-of-the art fitness facility (three years old).
Experienced faculty – over 70 years combines teaching and coaching experience.
Coaching: Basketball, volleyball, tennis, softball, swimming.