Blackburn’s Community Values and Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Blackburn College embraces diversity in race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, physical ability, gender identity, culture, nationality, age, socioeconomic status, neurodiversity, religious affiliation or lack thereof, and the many other attributes that contribute towards the cultural richness of our campus community.
We value our diverse identities that help our relationships flourish and our community thrive. In doing so, we are committed to:
- Seeking understanding across difference
- Resisting the pervasiveness of racism and others forms of discrimination
- Emulating respect, compassion, and integrity in our relationships with each other;
- Prioritizing marginalized people’s safety
- Recognizing that hostility, stereotyping, and/or disparaging remarks towards any identity, even when not directed at specific individuals, creates a hostile environment which undermines our community’s integrity and the liberal arts.
国产偷拍视频Blackburn College is committed to building our awareness of diversity through workshops, training sessions and other learning opportunities that help us create a safe and inclusive environment for everyone. Disruptive, condescending, or harassing behavior that compromises any learning opportunity is a violation of Blackburn’s community standards. It is also expected that Blackburn community members (staff and faculty) will not propagate racist or discriminatory views in teaching, learning, or working relationship as it compromises the integrity and credibility of our community.
To be consistent with our conviction for diversity and inclusion, every Blackburn College member is responsible for upholding these community standards for the merit of our institution.